TURKEY LYCIAN COAST YACHT RALLY 17 September to 1 October 2022 $6,130 per person for 14 nights
Discover layers of vibrant history as we sail the coast of Turkey from Marmaris.
The Lycian coast offers great coastal sailing with rarely visited ancient sites to explore and ponder. Navigate through the maze of reeds to visit Kaunos where Lycian tombs tower above the waters of the Dalyan River. Venture into Saklikent Gorge, where the spring waters gush from the mountain to join the melting snows forging the river of ancient Xanthos. Visit the Greek island of Kastellorizo and sip Ouzo as you gaze across at mainland Turkey.
Dine in family owned restaurants and simple tavernas in remote bays. Swim in warm clear waters from the yacht whenever the fancy takes you. Shop for an eclectic range of locally made products at affordable prices in the towns and villages along our route. Alternatively splash out on that Turkish rug you have always coveted.
Here’s how it works
Small group comfort You can sail as part of a shared boat of up to 7 other travellers, or as a crew of friends on your own yacht. We sail in a small flotilla, co-hosted by your Australian guides and a local technician. Along the way enjoy fun races, land tours, long table dinners ashore and time to explore on your own.
Your hosts Your guides from Mariner Boating Holidays and a local technician will travel with you to assist with the yachts, berthing, provide navigational support with intimate local knowledge of things to see and do along the way.
Life on board Sailing is the perfect way to enjoy the coast and get off the beaten track. The yachts are modern and comfortable, with areas to relax both below and above deck. Curl up and read a book, or dive off into the warm clear waters to cool off.
Your travelling companions Typically you’ll find your fellow travellers will be aged between 40 and 65, enjoy keeping active, love the ocean, have a sense of adventure, love fine foods, an occasional glass of wine and a good chat.
How do I get there? Fly via Istanbul to Dalaman airport. Transfer by coach or taxi to Marmaris.
Or choose the 6 day ‘Overland Tour’ to Marmaris which includes 3 nights in fascinating Istanbul then on to Cannakale (Gallipoli), Kusadasi (Ephesus) and Bodrum (the crusader castle) on the way south to Marmaris.
Flexible joining options
There are several ways for you to experience this amazing event;
1. Travelling with a group? Book a yacht! From $6,130 based on 6 people sharing 52ft yacht
Day 1 - Saturday Arrive Marmaris and spend your first night on board your yacht in the marina.
Day 2 - Sunday Sail to Ekincik and enjoy a welcome dinner with the group.
Day 3 - Monday Spend the morning visiting Dalyan River. In the afternoon we will race to Sarsala and enjoy dinner ashore.
Day 4 - Tuesday Leisure cruise to Gocek where you can spend the afternoon exploring town.
Day 5 - Wednesday Race 2 to Karacaoren. Dinner is included tonight.
Day 6 - Thursday Explore Kaya Koy before Race 3 to Kalkan in the afternoon.
Day 7 - Friday Leisure day - we recommend visiting Sakklikent Xanthos today.
Day 8 - Saturday Race 4 to Kas. Dinner is included tonight.
Day 9 - Sunday Cruise to Kastellorizo.
Day 10 - Monday Leisure day in Kastellorizo. Recommendations - Tour the Blue Grotto and climb the escarpment.
Day 11 - Tuesday Sail to Kas, before Race 5 to Ucagiz (Kekova). Dinner is included tonight.
Day 12 - Wednesday Leisure Day in Kekova.
Day 13 - Thursday Today we have the option of racing or sailing leisurely towards Kos Marina.
Day 14 - Friday Disembark your yacht early and transfer to Antalya via Phasellis. Check in our hotel and enjoy a final night dinner in Antalya.
Day 15 - Saturday Check out and continue onward with your adventures of Turkey or beyond. Extra nights in Antalya can be booked, please contact us for more details.
• 13 nights accommodation on-board • 24/7 support from experienced hosts • 24/7 skipper on the share boat if booking a cabin • Security insurance damage waiver (reduces the limit of liability to Euro 500 in total) • Comprehensive and Third Party Insurance for the yacht • 2 sets of bed linen and bath towels per person • Standard navigation equipment • End of charter cleaning • Dinghy and outboard motor • Yacht return fee
• Welcome drinks at embarkation • 6 dinners ashore with limited beverages • 1 night in Antalya post rally • Transfer from Kas to Antalya hotel
• Race management • Daily weather updates • Regular newsletters with activity suggestions and local information
• Optional Overland Tour Istanbul to Marmaris via Galipoli, Kusadasi and Bodrum • Flights • Extra accommodation in Antalya • Transfers • Personal travel insurance • Reduced refundable yacht security deposit (payable at the base in Euro) • Fuel for the yacht and outboard motor (Estimate AU$120 total) • On board provisioning and any breakfasts, lunches and dinners not included in the itinerary • Berthing on leisure days where not included in the rally program (Please note all berthing is subject to marina availability on the day) • If you require a professional skipper the total cost is approximately AU$270 per day + food + cabin Travel Insurance
Travel insurance is strongly recommended by Mariner Boating Holidays. Travellers should ensure they have a valid policy at time of booking. Your travel insurance policy must provide cover against personal accident, death, medical expenses (including covid cover) and emergency repatriation with a recommended minimum coverage of US$200,000 for each of the heads of cover. MBH also strongly recommend it covers cancellation, personal liability and loss of luggage and personal effects.
• A deposit of AU$1500 per person is required to confirm a booking if chartering a yacht or booking a cabin • Full payment is required at time of booking for those paying participation fee only • The designated skipper on board your yacht must have suitable qualification i.e. ICC • Prices are subject to currency fluctuation until paid in full • Credit card transactions are subject to merchant fees • Single supplement may apply for private cabins if you book by the cabin • Prices are correct at the time of issue but subject to change without notice (April 2021)
Pre & Post Tour Arrangements
Pre Rally Options
We are offering all guests on this trip the opportunity to join the Pre-Extension tour called the Turkey Trot. The Turkey Trot tour will start with a 3 night stay in Istanbul before travelling overland to visit Cannakale (Gallipoli), Kusadasi (Ephesus) and Bodrum (the crusader castle) on the way south to Marmaris.
Itinerary and pricing for pre and post tour arrangements will be finalised soon.
Lycian Coast Photo Gallery
Enquire now to learn more or book your spot on the Turkey Lycian Coast Yacht Rally in 2022